Worthy son of Late Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil, a leader of reckoning in Maharashtra State, Member of Parliament for over two decades took upon himself the arduous task of translating the dreams of his father into concrete realities by meticulous, punctilious planning and by offering dynamic and pragmatic leadership to the Society.
Social Transformation through Education, with this realisation, he adopted a strategy to raise awareness amongst the small peasants and the rural poor, through spread of technical and non-technical education Services to the Society on different postions.
Services to Society
- Member of LokSabha (From 1971 to 1991) From Kopargaon Parliamentary Constituency.
- Member of LokSabha (From Sept. 1999 to Feb.2004). From Kopargaon Parliamentary Constituency.
- Minister of Industry (Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises) Govt. of India, New Delhi from 1st July 2002 to 24th May 2003.
- Minister of State For Finance (Expenditure, Banking & Insurance) Govt of India,New Delhi. From 13.10.1999 to 1.7.2002.
- Member of LokSabha (From, 1998 to 1999) From Ahmednagar Parliamentary Constituency.
- Member of 14th LokSabha (From May 2004) From Kopargaon Parliamentary Constituency.
Late Hon. Dr. Eknathrao alias Balasaheb Vikhe Patil Padmabhushan Awardee Ex. Minister, Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises